Tim’s Ten Eternal Truths of Investing
At times like this when the markets correct (go down) we know that it causes concern to our clients. Although our investment strategies are built for time like this and our strategies have generally low exposures to the markets, it may be helpful to revisit the Ten Eternal Truths of Investing.
1. All investments go up’and down.
2. Most unadvised people do the wrong thing at the wrong time.
3. Markets usually overreact.
4. No one knows that the future will bring.
5. Diversification with low correlation is the best strategy.
6. Savings accounts and CDs will not make you rich.
7. Uncertainty creates opportunity.
8. Never say never.
9. Know what you own and why you own it.
10. Time in the market counts more than timing.